Massachusetts Complete Streets Portal - Tier 3 Process
The process of submitting the Tier 3 documents for review is as follows (Print Tier 3 instructions):
- Read the sample Tier 3 Construction Funding Agreement to understand the terms of the potential Tier 3 project award. The municipality does not fill out this Agreement. It will be sent as part of a contracting process if your municipality receives an award.
- Download the Tier 3 Project Application, Exhibit A-Scope of Work Narrative, Exhibit B- Preliminary Estimate, and Exhibit C-Environmental Punch list to your computer and fill in. All four documents must be uploaded for your Application to be complete and submitted to MassDOT. Do NOT pdf your Tier 3 Application or Exhibit A.
- List only projects from your approved Prioritization Plan on the Tier 3 Project Application. The format has changed and requests more information than the Prioritization Plan. Instructions and Eligible Projects sheets are in the Project Application excel template. A municipality can request any number of projects up to $400,000. The total requested amount in your Application must match the estimate totals in your Exhibit B.
- An Exhibit A Sample Scope of Work Narrative is provided to show the necessary level of detail for each project listed on the Application. If you have one type of project at multiple locations, provide one narrative and list the locations.
- Portal Upload – Upload the completed Tier 3 Project Application first, then you will be prompted to upload Exhibits A, B, and C. All documents must be loaded by the deadline. If you have multiple projects, submit one Exhibit A with all Narratives, Exhibit B with multiple excel sheets labeled for each project, and one Exhibit C with signed checklists bundled as a pdf. The Other document upload button can be used to load police data, location photos, or project renditions. The municipal contact will receive notification through the Portal of an incomplete or complete submittal.
- Notification - Municipalities will receive a disposition on their Application in approximately two months from the deadline. If approved, or partially approved, MassDOT will send an Award letter outside of the Portal to the Mayor or Town Administrator. The contracting process will commence to provide a Notice to Proceed. When all contracting is complete, the Project(s) will be approved on the Portal and display on the public-facing map.
- Contracting will be managed outside of the Portal and the reimbursement process will be handled by the District Aid Engineer. The Method of Payment is described in the Tier 3 Construction Funding Agreement.
If you have any questions, please contact the Complete Streets Program Administrator via email at CompleteStreetsProgram@dot.state.ma.us